Apple, Cranberry & Pecan Salad
I will be honest and say that I got this recipe from Kitchen Queens. I remember seeing it a while ago and thinking what a fantastic combination of ingredients. It ended up being the perfect Christmas themed salad for our dinner party. The original recipe is by Ayesha Randeree but I have changed some of the ingredients and amounts.
Ingredients for salad:
- 1x packet of baby lettuce leaves
- 1x golden delicious apple, julienne
- 100g cranberries
- 100g pecan nuts, toasted
- micro coriander, rocket and mustard leaves
Ingredients for dressing:
- 1 Tb Rice vinegar
- 2 Tb Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 Tb honey
- 4 Tb Olive Oil
- Mix all salad ingredients close to serving time. Do not julienne apple before the time or store them in water – a light sprinkling of lemon juice will do to keep them from oxidising.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together – you can do this before hand. Before serving give it a quick whisk and pour over salad. You might not use all the dressing, pour to your discretion.