This easy peasy apple tart recipe was inspired by Mother’s Day. You can serve it as a tea time treat or as dessert. It only uses 6 ingredients and tastes so good!
- 1/2 roll Today Puff Pastry (makes 4 pieces, see tips below)
- 2 small red apples
- lemon juice
- 2 Tb icing sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apricot jam
- Defrost puff pastry in the fridge overnight. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut the apples in half and slice, keeping the slices together. Place them in a bowl and cover liberally with lemon juice to keep them from oxidising.
- Roll out your puff pastry and arrange your apple slices in the pic shown below – fan them out in 4 different directions.
- Mix the icing sugar with the cinnamon and sieve over the pastry. Let it go all over, on the pastry and apples, it doesn’t have to be perfect or even.
- Make sure it is on greaseproof paper or a non stick sheet so it doesn’t stick, place on a baking tray and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and crisp. If there are bits of sugar that didn’t caramelise, put the grill on your oven on and caramelise further. Do not burn it lol.
- Take out of the oven and brush with melted apricot jam (you can add a tiny bit of water to it) then allow to cool. This will add a lovely glossy finish.
- Cut into slices, eat plain or serve with ice cream or cream.
Two sections of apples can be one slice, you will get 4 pieces with 1/2 roll of pastry. If you want to make more use 4 apples and a whole roll of puff pastry. Double the icing sugar and cinnamon.
Arrange your apples like so…
Dust with cinnamon icing sugar
Bake until golden and crisp, then brush with melted apricot jam.