I’ve been craving real blueberry pancakes since the holidays (I know that was a while ago) so last sunday I made these babies. They are the real deal, no gluten free, sugar free nonsense. The recipe is so easy you won’t need to write it down and will remember it forever – because it’s so.damn.good.
- 1 cup flour or self-raising flour (whatever you have)
- 1 tsp baking powder (if using regular flour and not SR)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1TB melted butter or marg
- blueberries to put inside or on top
- Beat the egg and add it to the milk. Make sure it is well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg/milk mixture into the middle.
- Using a whisk mix from the inside out and make sure you have no lumps.
- Melt the 1TB of butter and add it to the mixture.
- Heat a frying pan and melt some butter.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the pan and put 3-5 blueberries on top of each one.
- Once you can see the sides are cooking and bubbles starting to form on top of the batter, flip over and cook the other side.
- Serve with double cream yoghurt, jam, honey or syrup and enjoy!
If you use 1TB of mixture the pancakes are quite small (flapjacks) but you can make them bigger if you want to have a more American style pancake (side plate size). Just make sure the temperature is controlled as you dont want the outside to cook quicker than the middle. Many people add sugar to their batter mixture. I don’t see the need as you will be eating it with something sweet (honey/jam/syrup) BUT if you really want the mixture to be sweet add 1TB of sugar with the dry ingredients.