Buttermilk Fried Chicken
enter I saw something similar to this on an episode of First We Feast (on YouTube) and wanted to replicate it. The maas/buttermilk helps to tenderise the chicken, its simple, quick and easy with much less fuss than trying to breadcrumb the chicken. I have another variation of this recipe on my Instagram Highlights under Buttermilk Fried Chicken, with the difference of adding the spice afterward, once the chicken has been fried rather than at the beginning. I did not have enough oil to fry, so I baked mine!
les sites de rencontre musulmans INGREDIENTS:
- chicken pieces (breast works well, but so does de-boned thighs, legs)
- Amasi/ Buttermilk
- cayenne pepper
- red chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- flour for coating
- Place washed chicken pieces in a bowl and cover with spices. There are no measurements because I like my chicken flamin’ hot and don’t anyone to say I nuked their taste buds! Season well though 😉
- Pour amasi or buttermilk over and leave to marinate. If you don’t have time, 5 minutes is better than no minutes.
- Take each piece and coat in flour. Then place on a tray that can fit in your freezer.
- Once all the pieces are coated in flour, place the tray in the freezer for 5 – 10 minutes. This will allow everything to firm up and its a trick to not getting the coating to stick in the oven!
- comment rencontrer des personnes sur facebook If you want to bake: transfer to a non stick mat in a baking tray, drizzle with oil and bake at 220ºC for 30 minutes. If you have boney pieces of chicken that will take longer.
- Once the chicken looks cooked, turn the grill on for a few minutes and allow the chicken to brown.
- follow url If you want to fry: heat oil up in a pot and deep fry until golden brown on each side. Drain on a wire cooling rack and not paper towel, as it makes it soggy.
- Serve with my Woolies hacked Sweet Curried Pasta Salad and hot sauce.