Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
I’ve been trying to eat healthier and curbing the bad snacks have been a huge part of that. No more chips, biscuits and chocolates! But everyone now and then I do want to have something sweet and these are just sweet enough to get over that sugar craving.
- 1 cup grated carrot, water squeezed out
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, ground into flour
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tb peanut butter
- 4 Tb desiccated coconut
Optional: Use oats instead of sunflower seeds
- Soften dates with hot water if you need to. Blend everything in a food processor. Add more coconut if mixture is still sticky.
- Put mixture to chill in fridge then portion and roll into balls when cold/stiff.
- Roll balls in seeds, more coconut or leave plain.