Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
Chocolate and caramel is a no brainer combination but the reason I wanted to make these specific cupcakes is when I was 14 all I wanted for my birthday was a chocolate cake with caramel treat and peppermint crisp! Until today the one my Mum made for me on my 14th Birthday has always been my favourite birthday cake.
Since I was pressed for time I used Ina Paarman’s Chocolate Cake Box Mix. It was so quick and easy and it made 36 mini cupcakes! This is great for anyone who needs to bakein a hurry. The mix was R53,95 so it is definitely cheaper to bake from scratch but if I think of the weighing and cleaning process, this one bowl mix is a treat to make.
Chocolate & Caramel Cupcakes
- 1x Ina Paarman Chocolate Cake Mix (Makes 24 cupcakes or 2 round cakes or 1 rectangular cake)
- 1x tin caramel treat
- ½ tub whipping cream
- 1x slab Aero mint bubbles or peppermint crisp
- Make the cake according to the instructions.
- When the cake springs back when touched it is ready.
- To make the icing beat the tin of caramel treat until there are no lumps (very important!)
- Add ½ tub of cream and beat. Pipe or spread icing onto the cupcakes or cake. Top with pieces of mint chocolate and enjoy!
Keep the icing cold, if it starts to get runny put it in the fridge. Since this made 36 cupcakes and I only had 2x trays (24 cupcakes) I kept the mixture aside while the 2 trays were baking. Then I baked the last 12 and the mixture did not seem to be compromised!