Cinnamon Swirl Loaf
This cinnamon loaf is a quick bread as it uses bicarbonate of soda to rise. It literally is quick and not to mention really easy to make! The secret ingredient is Fair Cape Dairies Amasi, which they kindly sent to me.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3tsp ground cinnamon
- 2Tb sugar (brown or white)
Vanilla Glace Icing (Topping)
- 2Tb icing sugar
- 1 cap full vanilla essence
- 2 cap fulls milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Prepare a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and spray n cook.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, sugar, bicarb, salt) into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients into another bowl (buttermilk, egg, oil) and whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently to combine. DO NOT overmix.
- Pour half the mixture into the loaf tin, then sprinkle 2/3rds of the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Cover with remaining batter and remaining sugar mix.
- Swirl with a knife to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Wait until the loaf cools down before you add the glaze (mix all ingredients together).