Savoury Corn Waffles
These waffles were inspired by my favourite breakfast/meal from Woolworths Cafe, which is the corn waffles with poached eggs. I made it for supper, so it needed to be a bit more substantial and served it with crumbed chicken and sriracha mayo. You can pretty much add anything you like to this batter, so go wild.
- 1 cup flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn kernels***
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 red onion chopped
- coriander (as much as you like), chopped
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- grated cheese – optional
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl, then add wet ingredients and mix.
- Add all greens, sweetcorn last.
- Spoon into waffle maker and cook until golden and crispy.
*** NB: When I made this, I used a tin of sweetcorn instead of the 1/2 cup of kernels and it made the mixture a bit too sticky. If you want to use a tin of sweetcorn, it would make really nice sweetcorn fritters!