Crispy Cornflake Chicken
Ever wondered what to do with that cornflake dust at the bottom of the packet? If you eat it like cereal its all stodgy – which I hate. This is a much better alternative with pretty surprising results.
- 2 Tb Mayonnaise
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp ground green chilli (use less if you don’t like it hot)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- a good squeeze of lemon juice
- Cornflake dust + extra crushed cornflakes for coating
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally in 3 pieces.
- Mix the rest of ingredients and marinate chicken pieces overnight or for a few hours.
- Coat each piece of marinated chicken in the cornflakes. Drizzle 1 Tb of oil over the coated chicken.
- Place in an oven tray and bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with my sweet curried pasta salad.
Freeze half of this to use for another day. You can fry the chicken or bake them whichever you prefer. It has a southern vibe – would be great in a burger!