Easy Apple Cake
I found this recipe on Pinterest, while looking for recipes that used apples. I had so many apples from my Samu Chef Box delivery that I wanted to use up. It turned out to be really easy and so delicious. I put less sugar than the recipe called for, only 1/2 a cup compared to 1 3/4 cup that they asked for. Depending on the type of apples you use, they will add additional sweetness.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar (or 1 3/4 cup)
- 2 tsp heaped of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 medium gala/fuji or honey crisp apples
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, cinnamon, oil and eggs together.
- Add your chopped, peeled apples, to the sugar mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients (cinnamon, flour, bicarbonate of soda) into the bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan and bake for approx. 45 – 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, with tea, or turn it into dessert and serve with ice cream, custard or cream.