Easy Egg Fried Rice
This egg fried rice used the leftovers from my kauai inspired wraps. I mixed things up a bit by adding some broccoli but you can use the same veggies as the day before.
- Leftover brown rice and chicken from the wraps OR
- 1 cup brown rice and 1 chicken breast cut into cubes and cooked.
- Broccoli, cut into florets (and washed obviously).
- Garlic (fresh cloves or that other stuff – you know what I’m talking about)
- Green chillies, chopped (or dried red chilli but shame, why don’t you have fresh?)
- Spring onion, chopped
- Coriander, chopped
- Soya sauce
- Add some oil to a wok or a pot
- Add garlic and chilli first to cook, then add cooked chicken to heat up or raw chicken cubes to cook.
- Once that’s hot add the cooked brown rice, broccoli or any other veggies and soya sauce.
- Husbo likes his egg on top of the rice, but if you want to make it scrambled, push the rice to one side in the wok/pot and scramble two eggs, then mix it through.
- Lastly, add chopped spring onion and coriander just before you take it off the heat.
- I like to sprinkle crispy fried onion on top and extra spring onion and coriander.
You can buy ready fried onions from most indian/spice shops. Woolies does sell some in their salad section if you’re rolling in the randelas. Bean sprouts are also great to add to this dish if you want more veggies/crunch and they’re packed with fibre and B vitamins. Soak them for 30 seconds in boiling water if you don’t enjoy them raw.