Gorgeously Green Salad
Hey everyone! I know it’s getting colder here in the Southern Hemisphere and we don’t really want to be eating salad, but this one has all of my favourite things. It goes really well with roasts, or take it for lunch with two soft boiled eggs, chicken or tuna. I promise you it will go down really well.
GORGEOUSLY GREEN SALAD
- 1 baby green cabbage, shredded
- handful of ready fried onions
- 2 – 3 spring onions, sliced
- coriander, chopped.
- granola * or any crispy sprinkles such as:
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- toasted sunflower seeds
- toasted sesame seeds
- Tip – When I use my Tropical granola, I don’t add the banana or coconut chips into the salad.
- Mix everything together in a big bowl.
- Serve with my version of a Green Goddess Dressing or an Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard sauce
- 1 – 2 tsp honey
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Use any amount of apple cider vinegar and olive oil as long as you keep the ratio 1:3. For example if you are using 30ml of vinegar, you will need 90ml of olive oil.
- Add the mustard, honey and season to taste then shake in a bottle or jar until combined. You could also whisk this together.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.