Skip to content
Homemade Fig Jam
- 2 punnets of figs (approx. 250g)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- 2 Tb water
- star anise/cardamom
- Wash your figs, then chop them up.
- Blend figs (if you want a smooth jam) with water, lemon juice. Then add to a pot with sugar and star anise or cardamom.
- If you do not want a smooth jam, add all the ingredients to the pot.
- Simmer on medium – low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture has thickened, check for soft ball stage by dropping some mixture into cold water. It should form a ball.
- Sterilize a jar to decant in.
- Store jam in jar and eat with toast, yoghurt, cheese etc. Enjoy!