Kauai Inspired Moroccan Wraps
These easy wraps are pretty close to the original. They are packed with fibre and 3 of your 5 fruits and vegetables. Add some protein and dairy in the form of chicken and feta and that rounds out all the food groups. You can make extra and pack them for lunch or leave out the wraps and have a gluten free “bowl”.
- 1 pkt Tortilla Affair Wraps
- 2x chicken breats, cut into cubes
- 2x carrots, grated
- 2x spring onion, chopped
- 1x tomato, sliced
- bunch of coriander, chopped or keep whole like Kauai does
- 1x block feta, cut into blocks
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- Micro your tortillas for 10 seconds.
- Cook the chicken cubes in a frying pan with a little bit of oil (1Tb) add some salt and pepper (freshly ground is best)
- Once is chicken is almost cooked add 1/4 tsp of ground cumin and coriander , dash of worcestershire sauce and 1pkt of Burger King Heinz tomato sauce (you think i’m crazy but keep these, don’t throw them away!)
- Layer sliced tomato on your warmed tortilla, then top with rice, grated carrot, spring onion and coriander (mixed), add chicken and top with feta. Husbo loves Sriracha so drizzled loads of that on top and rolled into a nice snug wrap.
“Tortilla Affair” tortillas are the best I have tried, you get 8 in a packet for R33.00 from Pick n’ Pay. You can also make your own if you are feeling like an over achiever. I freeze them so you always have something on hand.
Recipe for over achievers:
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 TB Butter or Margerine
- Enough boiling water to make into a soft dough (must not look sticky ie. like snot)
- Mix into a ball.
- Divide into portions and roll into circle. If you like me and can’t make a roti to save her life yours might end up looking like north america or africa. But don’t worry no judgement here, your self-worth is not judged by the perfection of your roti’s like the aunties will have you believe.
- Heat a dry frying pan, or a crepe/roti pan if you’re hooked up with all them gadgets, and fry your tortilla’s until they start to puff up.