Mini Bar One Cakes
This is my fourth recipe using Fair Cape Dairies Amasi, and it comes in time for Eid! I love how versatile this recipe is. These little chocolate clouds can be topped with bar one ganache, dark chocolate and candied orange, aero bubbly, caramel treat or good ol’ fashioned strawberries and cream!
I adapted this recipe: Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
- 1.5 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Amasi
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
*To make bar one ganache, use equal amounts of bar one chocolate and cream. For example, heat 100ml of cream with 100g of bar one. Stir until smooth and wait to cool for a thick ganache or pour over cake while still warm for a runnier consistency.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together – make sure the boiling water is cool enough not to cook the eggs!
- Bake at 200ºC for 10-15 minutes if making mini squares, cupcakes. It will also make 1 big square cake or 1 round circle cake. If you are not making mini cakes, the baking time will be 20 – 30 minutes depending on the size and your oven.
- When a knife comes out clean, take out of then oven and cool.
- Ice as desired.