I was looking for a quick and easy recipe for a brownie that didn’t contain a lot of sugar because of the added indulgence of Oreo cookies. I couldn’t find a suitable recipe so decided to make my own! It’s really easy and can be adapted to any topping or sweetness preference. It’s more cake like than a dense brownie but has that rich chocolatey brownie flavour!
“Milk’s Favourite Cookie”
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup xylitol
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 5 – 6 Oreos, chopped
- Sieve cocoa powder to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add to dry ingredients and incorporate with a whisk.
- Mix the wet ingredients together then mix into dry ingredients.
- Spread out into a greased dish (spray and cook) and top with chopped Oreos.
- Bake at 180 for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or enjoy plain!
You can substitute the xylitol with regular sugar.