Pineapple Curry Fried Rice
I saw this on an episode on Binging with Babish on Youtube, it sounded delicious but too much work, hence my simplified version. Hubby said it was delicious THREE times while we were eating so I must have done something right.
- 1 cup Jasmine rice, cooked
- 1/2 pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 each red, green and yellow peppers, cubed
- handful of spinach
- 3 eggs, beaten
- canola or sunflower oil for cooking
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (because my paste was not fresh)
- 1 tsp thai chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- soya sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli
- 1 fresh green chilli, chopped
- sesame seeds and 1 chopped spring onion for serving.
- In a hot wok, add a little bit of cooking oil and pour in the beaten eggs. Use an egg lifter to scrambled the eggs, it should be big pieces of scrambled egg and not small crumbly pieces.
- When the egg is almost dry, put the egg to one side and add a drizzle of sesame oil, garlic and ginger paste, turmeric, ginger powder, chilli paste, fresh green chilli, dried chilli and a splash of soya sauce.
- Quickly mix together and add the chopped peppers, spinach and pineapple.
- Add the cooked rice, another drizzle of sesame oil, a bit more cooking oil if it looks dry (not glossy), the ground black pepper and another splash of soya sauce if needed (if its pale, or tastes like it needs salt).
- Serve in bowl with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onion.
There is a lot of chilli in here! You can omit them if it’s too spicy, add to your preference.