I made this for a colleague’s baby shower. The pink and white marshmallows were perfectly suited to the theme (#ItsaGirl). I added turkish delight, pistachios, marie biscuits and coconut. I love that you can see the little gems of turkish delight when you cut into it. So delicious!
I used this recipe from Taste Australia but substituted a few ingredients since the expectant mother could not eat raw egg. I also did not add the icing sugar because I thought it would be sweet enough.
- 400g Milk or Dark Chocolate
- ½ Packet Marie Biscuits (Ginger, Buttersnaps, Romany Creams), broken into pieces.
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ packet Beacon chocolate coated Turkish delight, chopped.
- Handful of chopped and toasted pistachio nuts
- ½ cup – ¾ cup melted butter
- 1tsp psyllium husks
- Woolies Mini Marshmallows for sprinkling on top
- Melt chocolate in a bain marie/ double boiler.
- Add half of the butter then add the psyllium husks (replaced the egg) to the other half and mix in quickly.
- Mix in the other ingredients quickly then pour into a greased dish. Cover with mini marshmallows and press into the mixture.
- Cover and leave to set in the fridge.
- Cut into blocks or finger sized pieces.
I used milk chocolate but you can use either depending on your taste or what you have. You could even mix the two together. I used salted butter as it was the only one I had on hand but in a way the salt brings out the flavour of the chocolate – it did not taste salty if you’re worried about that.