Savoury Sweetcorn Muffins
I bought a pack of four corn on the cob, because I felt like eating roasted mielies…and then I never got down to making them. In a desperate attempt to salvage them, I cut the corn off the cob and pan fried the whole batch to make salad bowls with. I thought it was a great idea and would last me the whole week. Well, it did…because I didn’t eat it like that either. So here we are, third time’s a charm: Savoury sweetcorn muffins.
- 2 cups, corn kernels
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2tsp sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- a few basil leaves
- 1 spring onion
- (other seasoning of choice – chilli flakes, black pepper etc.)
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease muffin tray. Dust lightly with flour to help stop sticking.
- Add corn, eggs, oil, milk, sugar, salt, cheese, basil, spring onion into bowl as well as other seasoning if you want.
- Sift over flour and baking powder into bowl and fold into wet ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- 2 cups of corn kernels would roughly be just under 4 corn on the cobs.
- I had these with some salted butter, I felt like it needed the extra salt…and maybe I should have added chilli lol.