Smartie & Oat Cookies
Just like Neo, this cookie is The One. It’s a variation of my Choc Chip Cookies which would be great with oats too. There is less sugar to accommodate the sweetness of the smarties.
makes 24 cookies
- 125g butter (1 cup), melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 80g Smarties (2x small boxes), crushed
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup oats, ground
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix the melted butter, egg and sugars together with a whisk for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and the colour has lightened slightly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the crushed smarties, flour, oats, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- Now add the melted butter mixture and combine. Cover to rest in the fridge (I did 24hours) then form into balls, flatten and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or longer if you prefer a crispy cookie.
- Leave to cool, if you have enough patience then dunk them into some ice cold milk or tea.
The dough is quite soft and can be formed into a sausage/log wrapped in cling and refrigerated. You can slice and bake as per instructions above or store sealed in the freezer and bake on demand when you need. You can also use a cookie scoop and freeze balls of dough, ready to be baked.